I recently wanted to change one of the Blogger labels that I assigned to my posts. To do this, I added the new replacement label which was rather easy. This was done by selecting the posts that I wanted, and selecting the "New label..." option from the labels pull down menu on my blog's Posts page.
But when I wanted to delete the old label, I could not find a "Delete label" choice.
I was lost. So I searched Blogger help and unfortunately could not find the correct answer. I found one answer that described how to do this with the old Blogger interface, so that was useless.
The second help answer described how to change the name of a label. Reading through that, I found that I was to select a "Remove label" choice from the label actions menu. But, that choice was not there.
So I experimented. I selected one of the posts that had the label I wanted to remove (by checking the box next to the blog post), and then, I selected the old label from the pull-down label action menu. I found that this action worked as a toggle. If the label was already there, it was removed. But, if the label was not there, then it was added to the post.
I also learned that my approach to changing a Blogger label was correct. From the Google Blogger help, changing a label is done by adding a new label and then deleting the old one.
In summary, if you are using Blogger and want to delete a label you must:
- Go to your blog's Posts page in Blogger
- Click the check boxes next to each post that contains the label you want to delete
- Then, click on the label inside the "Label Pull-down menu"
- If the label is already on that post, it will be deleted. (if it is not there it will be added)
- First add a new label to all the posts to be changed
- And then, you must delete the old label using the method described above.
Hope this helps !!!