Adding this functionality to your blog is a two step process.
First, you must create a Checkout Merchant account. You can do this by clicking on this link: Checkout Merchant Sign Up. If you do not have an account, click on the "Sign up now >>" button in the upper right of the page, and then follow the instructions. Once this is complete, you will need to enable the new API. This is done by:
- clicking on the "Settings" tab (at top),
- then click the "Integration" choice on the left sidebar.
- In the center of the page you will see a checkbox. Uncheck the box that says: "My company will only post digitally signed carts",
- press the "Save" button at the bottom of the page,
- and lastly, write down your "Google merchant ID" number shown on the right side of the page (because you will need to enter this in the Support widget).
- you must click on the "Design" link (or tab depending where you are)
- then click on the "Add a Gadget" link (right side of page)
- in the "Add a Gadget" pop-up window, click on the "Featured" link at left.
- scroll down to the "Support My Blog" widget and click the title or plus sign.
- in the "Configure Gadget" window that appears, enter your "Google Checkout Merchnt ID" (from step 5 above)
- lastly, press Save and you are now in business!
Note: At present, the gadget has a formatting problem which will sometimes cut off the bottom of the "Support" button. Resizing the widget does not fix this formatting problem.