Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Spottt Goes to Doggie Heaven

Image representing Spottt as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBase
This morning I read in the CMF forums that Spottt, a free Link Exchange from Adbrite was officially retired. After visiting the official Spottt.com site, I discovered that this was indeed true. The Spottt service is no longer offered.

I feel bad about this because Spottt was the first network exchange banner system in which I became involved. It was introduced in beta in September 2007, and was officially launched in February 2008. Initially, the folks at
  were were extremely involved, but the enthusiasm waned a few months later.

While it never achieved the success of Entrecard, Adgitize, or CMFAds, I always left its widget on my blogs because I loved the cute little mascot.

If you had been displaying a Spottt widget on you site, you will notice only a void where the widget once appeared. Spottt is gone, and you should remove its code to avoid any access violation when attempting to reach the superceded url.

Bye-bye Spottt, we'll miss ya.

JL...........
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Earn Money - Join the Leading Affiliate Program