Friday, April 16, 2010

Obama's alienation of Americans

This morning as I was driving to work, I listened to a John Gambling radio clip of President Obama making fun of those who were opposed to the government cutting funding of NASA. In it, he referred to the image of Bruce Willis saving us from a monstrous meteorite.

Then I remembered the speech he gave a few weeks ago in Portland Maine (shown below), where he criticized the people against Health Care reform.

What I realized is that our President is not only making fun at his Republican opponents, but he is ridiculing all true, red-blooded, Americans who don't agree with his decisions. While this type of behavior works well in an election campaign, I don't think it is appropriate for the elected leader of the country.

After all, these are the people who pay his salary, housing, transportation, health care, entertainment, retirement, security and other benefits.



Mr. Obama is adopting this conduct because the November 2010 elections are not far away. While it helped him win the nomination and the presidency, I'm not sure it will work in the Fall.

Why? Because the voters are not running for office. They are the ones who cast their ballots and choose their representatives. If the President continues to alienate the US citizens, the results may be disastrous for the Democratic Party.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite sure I agree with you but I'll reserve my opinion till I look at things more closely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Earn Money - Join the Leading Affiliate Program